City of Calgary Updates:
1. City of Calgary is working to get homeless populations into hotels and give them the ability to social distance
2. Check your transit app, times may be changing slightly, but Calgary Transit is still running.
3. Playgrounds and play-structures will be closed as of today. Please see the link with more information in the comments.
4. Mayor Nenshi then talked about the contradictory information going around, he said what we need to do is very easy. Clean heads, clear heads, open hearts.
A) Clean hands -social distancing, covering your cough, acting as though you have the virus to help prevent the spread.
B) Clear heads – this will get worse, the challenges to healthcare system will get more acute. Fear, anger, and panic are luxuries that we can’t afford. Important that every single decision that we make is thoughtful
C) Open hearts – being kind, looking after one another, reaching out to one another will be so important moving forward.
Dr. Deena Hinshaw:
1. There have been 42 new cases (in addition to the 33 reported Sunday March 22, 2020) , 301 cases of COVID-19 have been identified in Alberta.
2. Up to 24 overall cases are thought to have been acquired through community transmission.
3. There are 18 people currently in hospital, with 7 in the ICU.
4. More information on the Edmonton Bonspiel which occurred: March 11-14. Public health has been in touch with all attendee’s and all are self isolating. 11 Alberta doctors who attended have tested positive for COVID-19. Some of these doctors worked early last week before finding out and were in contact with patients.
5. Dr. Deena Hinshaw restated the new guidelines for COVID-19 testing in Alberta. please refer to the link for complete and accurate information from the AHS website.
6. text4hope is a new program that sends subscribers uplifting messages. text COVID19Hope to 393939 to subscribe, in return you’ll receive daily text messages on healthy thinking, to help manage your mood and lift your spirits.
7. There is information on AHS website about how to contact environmental public health officers, to make sure that Albertans know who they can talk to if they see public health orders not being followed.
Clean hands ✋ Clear heads 🤗 Open hearts ❤